oooooohh!! I’m nominated to answer Vogue’s 73 Questions zee Blogger Edition!
I feel fawncy!!!
Thanks to Rachel at Musings of the Mind for nominating me to play along, hers was a very interesting read and hopefully mine will be as well. If and when you reach the end (I really mean ‘when’ eh, control your digital attention span nah!) you will have a better idea of who I am and what gifts you can get me (I’m kidding!!!)…
Ha! Alright, here goes!
- What is your usual Starbucks order?
Salted Caramel Mocha Frap with a slice of Lemon Cake. Coffee is life though so any iteration is welcome.
2. What does your work station look like right now?
School term is over so I’m on break from teaching the nayshun’s chirren. No books but laptop still there, bottled water and my life planners which remain closed because I don’t feel like writing down plans these days.
3. All time favourite food?
Is cheese a food? Anything covered in copious amounts of cheddar, parmesan or mozarella cheese is my favourite.
4. Favourite author?
I don’t have a favourite as I love different genres but I’ve read most of Paulo Coehlo’s work.
5. What do you think of open relationships?
Open relationships = problemzzzzz
6. Favourite videogame?
The last videogame I actually played with any measure of success years ago was Soul Calibur. My favourite videogame to watch though is God of War. I don’t play much and my gremlinz think I’m lame as a result. Whatevs.
7. Guilty pleasure treat?
A hardcore triple layer chocolate cake! Haagen Dazs’ carrot cake coming in a very close second…….and sushi.
8. Favourite film?
Scarface/Black Panther/Inception…I could watch those three every day.
9. Favourite book?
Hardddddd question though… Veronika Deserves to Die, Beloved, Children of Blood and Bone, Miguel Street and Becoming are frontrunners.
10. Twitter or Instagram?
Instagram. I just joined Twitter this week actually because I heard Trump is gonna sue them. I think I will finally explore it to give me more room to post the random shit that plays out in my head.
11. Desktop or laptop?
12. Best advice you’ve ever received?
You are the cook so only you alone must know what cooking under the pot cover.
13. What project are you currently working on right now?
Being my best self.
14. Favourite colour?
15. Did you get good grades in school?
I was pretty average, doing good enough but I did very well in Modern Languages.
16. Dream job?
Being paid to travel, rate hotels and food.
17. Played any sports?
I’m a ‘convent girl’ so they had us in any and everything at least once: Football, tennis, field hockey, track, netball…I stuck with volleyball though while at school.
18. Do you have a degree?
B.A. Spanish with a minor in Latin American Studies and a PG Diploma in Education. I was reading for PG Diploma in International Relations but the way my life was made up at the time I crashed out.
Trini to de bone.
20. What is your favourite kind of blog post to write?
My personal blog posts are my jam as well as random, peculiar observations about Trinidad. I’m gonna spread my wings a bit soon though, I need to challenge my writing ability.
21. What do you like to collect?
Shot glasses from every country I’ve visited. I also request shot glasses from people who travel so I have a wide range from different countries and cities.
22. Describe yourself in 3 words.
Intuitive, logical, patient.
23. If you were a rapper what would your rapper name be?
24. Who was the last person you DM’d?
25. What is on top of your wish list right now?
My own home with a well outfitted coffee/wine bar and a cosy nook filled with books. This must be fulfilled.
26. Hogwarts House?
Sorting Hat put me in Ravenclaw and it is there I definitely belong.
27. How many tattoos do you have?
Two on the body, four more to get.
28. What are you most grateful for this year?
Besides life, health and strength? A stable job from which I draw a monthly salary especially in this panasonic.
29. What’s the best thing that happened to you this month?
The end of the school term. I do not like virtual teaching, I’m good at it but I don’t like it. My students are suffering from lack of inter-personal contact as am I.
30. What’s the best thing that happened to you today?
Singing ‘Always’ by Atlantic Starr at the top of my lungs in the car with my first gremlin trying to impress upon him the importance of de ole tunes.
31. What’s the best thing ever?
A great book, a cup of coffee, a scented candle and a semi-cold room in a quiet house with the rain falling outside. A sushi craving satisfied would be second.
32. Favourite season?
33. Favourite holiday?
There’s nothing like that Christmas magic!
34. Which fictional character do you relate to the most?
A tie between Doctor Strange and Beth Pearson from This is Us.
35. Do you like surprises?
Nope! I don’t like when I don’t see something coming. Weird but true. #Capricorn.
36. What’s the biggest surprise you ever got?
Being preggers with #gremlin3.
37. What’s a surprise that made you cry?
Being preggers with #gremlin3.
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve ever given anyone?
Years ago we surprised the older two gremlinz with a trip to Grenada. Told them we were going to the zoo but we had to pass in the airport for daddy to meet someone. Only when we parked and pulled out the hidden suitcases in the trunk did they spazz out. It was delicious!
39. Do you like muffins?
Lemon poppyseed is my fave.
40. Do you cook often?
Too damn much since the paralytic forced closure of food places.
41. What’s your favourite dessert?
Chocolate cake with some sort of alcohol splashed somewhere.
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
Red velvet cake. Not a fan. I also don’t like ice cream with nuts in it.
43. Cake or pie?
44.What’s your least favourite food?
Anything melongene (eggplant) or melongene adjacent.
45. What’s your favourite condiment?
Pesto or honey mustard.
46. It’s 4am on a random Saturday morning, what are you eating?
Pringles or Tostitos.
47. If you could teach a class in college, what would it be?
Living a Balanced Life 101.
48. Best animated film?
49. What has a guy said or done that impressed you?
Brought me random food that I wanted but didn’t even mention, not even as a pattern, like he was reading my mind.
50. Best thing to do on a first date?
Funny movie and ice cream afterwards.
51. Worst thing to do on a first date?
…yap yap yap yap yap…
52. What’s the best pick up line?
“I know you have a man. But you’re not happy and I’m going to take you away from him. We’re going to do our thing and you’ll be happier with me. I’m taking my time and making it my mission. You’ll see.” (True story.)
53. Best comic book character?
Alfred E. Neuman.
54. Name three things that can always be found in your purse.
Purse, shopping bills, ATM receipts.
55. Favourite drink.
Coffee (hot or cold) for non alco. For alco, a glass of Merlot.
56. If I could play a historical character in a movie, who would it be?
57. Kittens or puppies.
58. Favourite sushi roll.
Oh gaaad, ask a mother to choose her favourite among her kids??? Sigh, Godzilla roll, Dragon roll, Rainbow roll are my toppers…
59. What lipstick do you use?
60. What foundation do you use?
Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless.
61. Blowdry or airdry?
62. Who is your fashion icon?
Olivier Rousteing and anyone wearing House of Balmain.
63. Favourite Disney character?
64. What are you doing tomorrow?
Posting stuff to social media, binge watching tv, trying not to overdo on cheat food.
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through?
Friday After Next.
66. Movie that made you cry.
The Pursuit of Happyness
67. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would you choose?
Voice or John Legend
68. If your life was a song, what would it be?
Just Keep Swimming.
69. What’s your favourite animal?
If we talking myths a phoenix, if we talking reality a lioness.
70. Favourite illustrator?
Don’t have one.
71. Person you’d love to have coffee with?
I’d like to hold a medz with Bob Marley.
72. What country would you like to visit?
Again, toughhhhh…..my list is long but for right now Cuba.
73. Best way to decompress?
ET VOILÁ! Thank you for staying to the end!! Hope you enjoyed!!
I nominate Shandean Reid and anyone else who wants to pick up this challenge! Be sure to pingback so that I can check out your responses!
7 thoughts on “Vogue’s 73 Questions: Blogger Edition”
Loved reading this. Also shocked you don’t like red velvet cake 😂
In the cake hierarchy it ranks verrrrry low for me!
Absolutely love your response to question#16 I share the same desire🤭😁🤦🏽♀️
Why won’t they let us be great??😭😆
I loved reading this. I was trying to make a mental note on the ones I wanted to comment on, but they all went out the window at the nomination! 😅 Now I gotta respond. Great post!
Yayee!!! Can’t wait!!